So Close Yet So Far Away

On the last day of 2013, I had a chance to get away from the city and headed other direction out of town with friends. We had planned a simple NYE amongst the nature.


Lake Mountain where is about 90 KMs away from Melbourne city was the destination. Not surprised at all that the area was so quiet; Aussies love to be on the coast rather than inland area at this time of the year. We took the advantage of being the only group on the site, just enjoyed the simplicity of life; pitching our tents, sitting down on the grass under the warm sun and having dinner amongst a good chat before going to the best spot ever for counting down to the new year.

We hiked up to the lookout near the Lake Mountain Summit just less than an hour before midnight. The sky was pitch dark; we could clearly see the uncountable stars, milky way and of course shooting stars. We sat down on the cliff facing the city where we had left behind. I normally am not a big fan of light pollution but that night it lit up the skyscraper and showed the contrast of the city life and the night at the mountain beautifully.


When the time came, we counted down to the first second of 2014..... And the first lot of fireworks got shot up to the sky. I reckon we were the luckiest people who could enjoy the fireworks from afar and shooting stars that kept showing their beauty in the same time. It was an indescribable experience.

Yes, we were so close yet so far away. 

Happy New Year 2014 everybody.






















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About me

Only few times in my life that I actually fall in love. Photography is my first, and it always has been my true love.


I photograph everything around me when I feel like it. There is no rules; no right, nor wrong with my photographs. The shutter is pressed when my eyes smile through the lens.


I want to use this space to share and to record the memories of my journeys in a photographic way.


I'm Pinnie, Melbourne based soul.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *